11.16.2011

$10 ledges a la ana white

Well, I finished up another Pinterest-inspired project. I originally came across these plans on Ana White's great website (if you haven't already checked her out, do it!), but I couldn't picture them in my house until I found this inspiration photo:


Cookbook storage! I so needed cookbook storage. As it was, we were wandering over to the living room bookshelf whenever we needed a recipe and half the time I'd forget what I was doing and end up...well... confused as to why I was in the living room. Now those cookbooks are right at hand whenever I need them. Love it!


This project was so easy. The hardest part about it was trying to be patient while Joe did all of the sanding. This is definitely a project where I would recommend sanding your pieces first and then building them. I ended up making seven of these shelves. Two here for cookbooks, three above the imaginary buffet I will one day have (c'mon craigslist!), and two that I used as traditional picture shelves in the living room. Hopefully, I'll get a post up about the changes that have gone on there soon. The weather has been so stormy lately that I haven't been able to get any good photos. We'll see.

All in all, this was a simple, fun project. and I really love the way it turned out. Once again, if you haven't been to Ana's website...go there...now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment