9.26.2011

yard sale finds

A few weeks ago was the annual yard sale for one of the little towns around where I live. This town is a registered historic site and as such the powers that be have deemed it unseemly for residents to hold yard sales on any day except for one designated weekend each year. This is my kind of yard sale. No hunting down addresses, no driving around for hours, just arriving early and walking around a quaint little town full of great finds at even better prices. The streets are all lined with residents having sales and people from out of town even purchase space to set up their sales because of how popular this event is. I love every minute of it .

Here's what I found this year:

1 - Originally this was a closet door. I'm planning to cut it into two pieces and make one of these tables to keep and one of these apron racks to sell.

2 - These are technically spindles for a stairrail, but I'm going to repurpose them as legs for my shutter table.

3 - I picked this little guy up for $2. I think I'm going to try making one of these mail organizers out of him (can you sense a shutter-theme emerging here?)

4 - Old wood-framed windows, need I say more. I found these as we were walking to our parking spot. A man was just setting up his sale and he obviusly didn't know what he had because he sold me two of these 3.5' x 2.5' windows for $3! I had to contain my excitement until we had walked away, but now I can't wait to get them up on the wall.

All in all, it was the perfect yard sale day. Now I just have to wait for next year's to roll around...or learn how to use the GPS so I can yard sale hop the regular way.

No comments:

Post a Comment