4.25.2011

one month...

So, Joe and I realized yesterday that at the end of this week we will have officially owned our house for a month. A MONTH?! It certainly doesn't feel like it's been that long and the inside is no where near what I thought it would be after a whole month had gone by. But I'm learning to readjust my expectations and go with it. There are so many little things that you have to do with a house that I never worried about when we were renting. Toilet seats, for example, do not change themselves, nor are they one size fits all. Just one of the many lessons we've been learning these days.

I also didn't realize that buying a house actually translated into living at Lowe's and sleeping in the house (only because Lowe's closes at 9pm). I kid you not, we are on a first name basis with no less than three departments there. Terry takes care of all my appliance needs, Stephanie does all of my paint, and John gives me good deals on carpet and tile.  Fortunately, every one is very friendly and they don't seem to mind that we're there all of the time.

Here's a quick shot of the house in all it's sprintime glory.


We've been having fun discovering (and demolishing) the landscaping that's already here. The trees out front have been my favorite surprise. The same variety of tree used to grow on my grandma's street in SLC and I loved the pink flowers that bloomed every spring. Now we have three of them! Two pinks and a white. There have also been tulips and hyacinths and all of the nameless-but-lovely white and yellow groundcover.

The backyard is pretty much a blank slate, minus the six trees (there are ten trees total on the property). Joe can't wait to get out there and mow the lawn. That is, after another trip to Lowe's since we haven't bought the lawn mower yet. Time to make a new friend...




No comments:

Post a Comment