1.28.2011

weekend wonderfuls

This weekend the hubs is out of town so I'm staying away from the saw and drill (I like to have a ride to the hospital on standby at all times when I build), but I will definitely still be doing some fun DIY. Lately, I've been so focused on creating furniture for our house that I haven't spent any time working on projects just for fun. So this weekend I'll be pulling out the old sewing machine and giving my new sewing table a try.

The project I want to focus on is making a new scarf with blue and green tones. I'm really loving soft, feminine ruffles these days and originally I thought I'd crochet my scarf out of some gorgeous royal blue yarn I picked up over Christmas. But then I saw this flannel version at Make It and Love It and really liked how simple the design was. So I'm off tomorrow to track down a the perfect flannel print to make my own.

My second project is in the kitchen. No, my Amazon muffin cup purchase hasn't come in yet, and yes, I did end up buying three kinds of those beautiful, bright muffin cups just because it was my birthday last week and I could. Speaking of my birthday, my gifts this year were amazing! My MIL has an uncanny knack for remembering something you mentioned six months ago and getting it for you. This year she surprised me with the grain mill attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. After hearing the praises of white whole wheat flour sung on My Kitchen Cafe, I decided that I wanted to try some. Unfortunately, it's only available at one grocery store locally and five pounds costs as much as 20 pounds of the regular all-purpose. Now I'm super excited to get busy grinding my own flour...that is, if I can find somewhere to sell me wheat berries. Number 2 on the to do list for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment