1.28.2011

pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

Just thought I'd share the muffin recipe from yesterday's muffin cup post.


Don't they look scrumptious? Mmm... I might just have to go snag one right now and eat it.

I made these muffins using my family's pumpkin bread recipe with a few adjustments to make them healthier. I'm usually not a sharer of family recipes (stingy, I know), but this one is so simple and delicious that I wanted everyone to be able to try it.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 t salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 t baking soda

1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t cinnamon
cloves to taste
1 t vanilla extract

1 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, oil, eggs, water, vanilla, and spices. Slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Fold in dry ingredients just until everything is moist, a few dry spots are fine and mean that you haven't overmixed the batter. Add chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased muffin cups. Bake 15-20 minutes or until the top of a muffin springs back when touched. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 or 2 minutes, peel off silicon muffin cups as soon as possible to avoid sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment